Neurostructural Integration Technique (NST) is an alternative medical system that utilizes gentle, clear-cut but powerful soft tissue activations that aids the body in self-healing mechanisms.
Bowen therapy was devised by Tom Bowen to help people suffering from muscular & skeletal problems. Since its development the Bowen technique has been used across the world to heal neck pain, back pain, shoulder freezing and many other conditions as well.
Bowen therapy is a holistic technique, painless and safe to use in all people suffering from muscular-skeletal problems regardless of age. It has also been successfully used to provide immediate and long lasting relief from many chronic and acute conditions.
The Neurostructural Integration Technique is an advanced form of the traditional Bowen therapy. This technique does not use force, as fingers and thumbs are used to gently massage the affected muscles and tissues.
The Bowen technique helps stimulate the circulation of energy around the points that stimulate and balance the body’s energy. This then sends neural message to the brain and the brain immediately responds and sends neural messages for muscle relaxation and pain reduction. This technique arouses the nervous system to communicate with the body and the brain to regain energy in joints, muscles or even the blood.
The Bowen technique has been used successfully in the easing of back pain. The Bowen moves are performed to produce a neural reaction that sends messages to the brain for the relaxation of the spinal muscles successfully easing back pain. Mostly, people will report success in the ease of pain with 4-5 sessions. In fact, practitioners have rated the Bowen technique as 85% effective in relieving back and neck pain. This technique has also been effective in relieving stress and tension and other muscle related pain.
How can NST help me?
NST can help everyone from babies through to the elderly. It is fantastic for athletes and anyone who is suffering chronic or acute pain, or just wants to be brought back into ‘balance’. Once all the core components of the body are integrated, function is restored to the electrical system of the body (nervous system), allowing communication to travel freely to organs and glands in the body and initiate healing. As your symptoms disappear, your energy levels are revitalised. Clients often hop off the table and report a feeling of ‘lightness’ and ease of movement.
A 3-year study on NST by the World Health Organization found that 85% of all participants had resolution of their complaints with only 2-3 sessions. The remaining 15% required a few more sessions for resolution.
You can find relief or even complete resolution of many conditions once the ‘body is in balance’ – many of these symptoms frequently disappear in response to an NST session:
Chronic pain, including neck and back pain
Headaches, including migraine
Joint pain, including knee, shoulder, elbow, carpal tunnel and jaw (Tempo-mandibular joint (TMJ)) pain
Joint restrictions, including frozen shoulder
Pain and injury from accidents, including whiplash injuries and scarring
Improved recovery from athletic activities, training or competition
Back pain during pregnancy
Menstrual and menopausal discomfort, including hot flashes
Bed wetting in children, and incontinence in adults
Anxiety, stress and emotional depression
Breathing problems, including asthma
Acute and chronic fatigue